Here are my top 11 trading rules to follow. I have added one in the last five years. These rules are taped to my monitor right above my desk today. I wanted to add this to my blog.
1) Pre-market trading $ early morning trading more profitable than afternoon.
2) Try to buy & short near the day's low or high.
3) Try to avoid headlines - get in before the headlines.
4) The more stubborn you are, the more you will lose.
5) Shrug off all losses if all rules & guidelines are followed.
6) Don't chase stocks just to do a trade. If no trade is there, pass, & sometimes don't trade.
7) Keep tight mental stops while monitoring the overall averages.
8) Everyday goal, try to make XXXX per day, don't get greedy. (Fit this to YOUR size)
9) Do not overtrade, simple mathematics, the more you trade the more you are likely to lose over time long term profits.
10) Avoid the second big losing trade to improve overall returns
11) Never open a new trade on a mobile phone. Only close already established positions.
Good luck & good trading. Welsh